Wednesday, June 15, 2005

ammendements 2 the 10 commandments

Later: Bored and lonely, I chanced upon my favorite BLOG spot, filled with the self promoting and mostly ignored personal notes of hundreds of thousands of ordinary people around the world with internet access and nothing better to do with their lives. The following was taken from some Christian in Australia with Scottish ancestors:

William Arthur Ward Speaks for God, since God has no tongue

11.) Flatter me, and I might not believe you.


Is “cast not thy pearls before swine”, appropriate here? Well, no, not really …


12.) Criticize me, and I might not like you.

Constructive criticism? Never mind – God is perfect (jealous and vain, too!).


13.) Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.

Does being perfect entitle one to be egotistical, arrogant and insecure?


14.) Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

Precisely how does one encourage God? Killing infidels, perhaps?


It’s ludicrous when monotheists “humanize” God with their own imperfections.

Sell yourself - but not your God.

No comments: